Roach Bros are committed to purchasing fish from sustainable and responsibly managed fisheries. We understand the importance of maintaining a balance between the demands of today and that of future generations. We ourselves have been in business for over 150 years and hope to be involved in the fishing industry for generations to come!
We are audited against the BRC Global Standards and our systems ensure we have full traceability from finished product leaving our factory to the fish being caught at sea. Our emphasis has always been focused on food safety, quality and legality which compliment that of the BRC Global Standards.
ETHICAL TRADING POLICY
At Roach Bros (Curers) Ltd we have strong ethical principles which include (but are not restricted to) the following:
- All employment is freely chosen and staff are free to leave after a reasonable notice period.
- No child labour is used.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Wages are fair and comparable to other companies in our sector.
- No deposit is required to work at Roach Bros (Curers) Ltd.
- Working hours are not excessive and regular employment is provided for those who are employed on permanent contracts.
- No discrimination is permitted.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment is allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
- Roach Bros (Curers) Ltd adhere to any Government recognised trade sanctions.
We also endeavour to extend these practices to our suppliers and other companies associated to Roach Bros (Curers) Ltd.
HR POLICY ON PREVENTING HIDDEN LABOUR EXPLOITATION
Roach Bros (Curers) Ltd commits to developing and adopting a proactive approach to tackling hidden labour exploitation.
Hidden labour exploitation is exploitation of job applicants or workers by third party individuals or gangs other than the employer or labour provider including rogue individuals working within these businesses but without the knowledge of management. It includes forced labour and human trafficking for labour exploitation; payment for work-finding services and work-related exploitation such as forced use of accommodation. It is understood that it is often well hidden by the perpetrators with victims, if they perceive of themselves as such, reluctant to come forward.
All Directors will be proactive in seeking out any potential exploitation.
Sponsors & Affiliations